Friday, October 30, 2009

Set for the Winter

I have placed orders at Bunny Hill Designs and  Primitive Gatherings Quilt Shop. I recently made a trip to Buggy Barn Quilts. I may not eat this winter but I won't run out of projects. LOL! I am so excited to get new projects to start. Not that I didn't have plenty to start working on already. You know how it goes though if you are a quilter or fabricaholic! Just can't get enough of it packed in the sewing room, under beds, closets, etc. I can't wait for the UPS man next week. I will be in a state of exhilaration until I get my paws on those packages. I know you have been there, right? I am almost finished with the wallhanging I got from Pumpkin Patch Primitives last week. Maybe I am on a roll here. I haven't been doing much sewing or stitching for quite some time. Now I am ready to get after it!

I guess the leaves changing has got me in the mood to sew. I don't like the cold weather. I tend to stay at home more. So I am preparing to sew and stitch my fall and winter months. Hence the big shopping spree, I guess. Last weekend I stepped outside and my yard was full of beautiful yellow leaves. My big white weeping birch was dropping leaves fast! The tree is almost half empty now. I took a few photos of the tree and yard full of leaves.







There is a yard full of lush beautiful green grass under those leaves.

It is almost time for my little honey bun Jak to wake up from his nap. Yes, that is why grandma is able to post this morning. He is snoozing away. Jak is so good about taking naps. All I do is give him a hug and kiss, turn on his music, give him his blankie , Glow Worm, and his lion. He doesn't make a peep. He just goes to sleep. He usually naps twice a day which gives me a break. The only problem is I tend to nap when he does. This morning I was wide awake due to a great nights sleep. I actually went to bed early. I usually can't sleep early but last night I don't even remember my head hitting the pillow. Man, wish I could do that every night. It sure makes a difference in getting up and starting your day if you have slept well.

It is time for me to start thinking about lunch. I better get back to work while Jak is still napping.

I will have photos of my goodies I bought next week to show you.

Do something fun this weekend! Have a great weekend. :0)

Blessings, Karen


5 comments:

Jan Harris Smith said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog - I very much appreciate you leaving a comment! I love Apifera Farm and hope that you will get to visit. It is a magical place. Jan of Purplebird Art.

Idaho Quilter said...

The house next door in this post looks familiar.

Unknown said...

I cant wait to see what you got!!!! I miss going to the quilt stores and buying treasures!!! I have been staying out of them until my budget gets better!!!!

Unknown said...

where have you been??????

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Karen, Thank you for swinging by to see the "new" valance. I so appreciate your visit. I love fabric as well, over the past few years I've put it on the back burner, but like you I have quite the "stash" to keep me busy on cold winter nights. hugs ~lynne~